Tinted photo of Lakeside Hospital that opened in 1924 at 28th and Flora overlooking Troost Lake. George Conley, MD, DO put up his own funds to build a hospital that would allow osteopathic physicians in Kansas City admitting and surgery privileges as well as providing training opportunities and internships for the students of the Kansas City College of Osteopathy and Surgery. The 50-bed hospital featured Circassian walnut doors and woodwork with enclosed glass solariums on the east and west sides. It was advertised as a "Hotel for Sick Guests." It closed in 1964 when a new Lakeside Hospital opened at 8701 Troost.
osteopathic medicine, medical education, osteopathic hospitals