Photo of Osteopathic Hospital at 11th and Harrison in Kansas City, Missouri. Originally known as Wesley Hospital, it was built in 1915 by Dr. Archie Robertson. Designed by Kansas City architects Keene & Simpson, the 100-bed hospital featured solariums at the east end of the upper four floors. There was also an attached three-story building for a nurses' dormitory with a sun deck on the roof. The United States War Department took over the hospital in 1943 and used it for training military personnel. In 1944 the Kansas City College of Osteopathy and Surgery purchased the hospital and renamed it Osteopathic Hospital. It was used as a teaching hospital until its closing in 1972 when the Center for Health Sciences, later known as University Hospital opened.
osteopathic medicine, medical education, osteopathic hospitals