Download Front and Back of Postcard (1.3 MB)
Postcard shows the front of the University of Health Sciences Administration Building. From 1917 to 1970 the building at 1750 Independence Avenue was occupied by Children’s Mercy Hospital. In 1971 it was purchased by the Alumni Association of the Kansas City College of Osteopathic Medicine and gifted to the college. In 1979, after extensive renovations it became the school’s administration building. The school’s name was changed in 1980 to the University of Health Sciences and today is known as Kansas City University.
The back of the postcard advertises the American Osteopathic Association's 1999 national convention and lists alumni events.
osteopathic medicine, medical education
University of Health Sciences, "The University of Health Sciences" (2023). Postcards. 15.