Download Front and Back of Postcard (1.2 MB)
Postcard shows a 1917 color rendering of Wesley Hospital at 11th and Harrison Streets in Kansas City, Missouri. Built in 1915 by Dr. Archie Robertson, it was taken over by the United States War Department in 1943.
In 1944 the Kansas City College of Osteopathy and Surgery (now Kansas City University) purchased the hospital and renamed it Osteopathic Hospital. It was used as a teaching hospital until its closing in 1972 when the University opened the Center for Health Sciences, later known as University Hospital.
hospitals, osteopathic medicine, medical education
Wesley Hospital, "Wesley Hospital, Kansas City, Mo." (2023). Postcards. 17.