Download Front and Back of Postcard (1.2 MB)
Postcard depicts a front view of Children's Mercy Hospital shortly after it opened. From 1917 to 1970 the building at 1750 Independence Avenue was occupied by the hospital. In 1971 the Alumni Association of the Kansas City College of Osteopathic Medicine purchased the building and gifted to the college. In 1979, after extensive renovations, it became the school’s administration building.
The back of the postcard reads: "Mercy Hospital, a charitable institution for crippled orphans. Over 6,500 unfortunate children are taken care of yearly."
It is postmarked October 24, 1920.
hospitals, osteopathic medicine, medical education
Children's Mercy Hospital, "Mercy Hospital, Kansas City." (2023). Postcards. 3.